The proper name for the Dominicans is “The Order of Preachers” which is their main apostolic work. They are generally called “Dominicans” after their founder St. Dominic.
In this section of our website we will place independent articles and materials on following subjects:
- Biography of St. Dominic
- Some special Dominicans; St. Albert the Great, St. Thomas Aquinas, St. Vincent Ferrer, St. Catherine of Siena, St. Margaret of Hungary, Meister Eckhart, St. Martin de Porres, Las Casas, Fra Angelico, Savonaarola, etc.
- A brief history of the Dominicans in Ireland
- Outstanding Irish Dominicans: fr. Tom burke, The Russell Brothers, Cardinal Michael Browne, fr. Thomas Garde, Irish Dominican Bishops at home and abroad,
- The main works or apostolates of the Dominicans in Ireland
- 800th Jubilee of the foundation of the Order of Preachers (1216-2016)
- Dominican Vocation