Over the next few weeks we will be inviting new nominations to the Pastoral Council.
What is Parish Pstoral Council?
Parish Pastoral Councils are leadership structures that enable priests and people to work together to build up dynamic Christian communities that are characterised by prayer, hospitality, mission, and evangelisation.
What are the tasks of the Parish Pastoral Council?
Parish Pastoral Councils:
- search out the of parishioners
- Prayerfully discern and plan the future of the parish
- Enable others to use their gifts in the Service of God and mission of the parish
- Reniew the life and activities of the parish so that parishioners can see how they are bringing about the reign of God
- Ensure that effective dialogue takes place within the parish, the diocese and the wider community
How will the Parish Pastoral Council members be selected?
The call to leadership to be discerned by the individual and by the parish community.
- Parishioners will be asked to prayerfully nominate possible candidates
- The candidates will be invited to an information evenin
- The Parish will then be in a process to Parish Pastoral Council members from among the candidates by the Working Group
Criteria for selecting Parish Pastoral Council members
Parish Pastoral Council members are baptised Catholics who participate in the life and worship of the parish and who are available to attend meetings.
Parish Pastoral Council members are:
- People of prayer
- willing to learn
- easy to work with
- missionary in
- able to bring out the in others.